Provencal Asparagus TartRoberta
With Spring approaching, it is time to welcome all the fresh, green vegetables that will be coming! What better way to bring out the flavors of Spring, than with our Romantic, Violet Balsamic and Delicate Herbs de Provence Olive Oil?
- 1 sheet Puff Pastry
- 2 cups Gruyere Cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 pounds asparagus
- 3 Tbs Coronado Taste of Oils Herbes de Provence Olive Oil
- 3 Tbs Coronado Taste of Oils Violet Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and Black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Trim bottom of asparagus spears, place in plastic bag w/ oil and vinegar. Marinate.
- On a floured surface, roll out pastry to @ 10 X16 inch rectangle. Place pastry on rimless baking sheet on parchment paper. With a sharp knife score pastry dough 1 inch from edges to make an interior rectangle. Using a fork, pierce interior rectangle every 1/2 inch. Bake until golden, about 15 minutes.
- Remove pastry from oven. Spread Gruyere on interior rectangle, place marinated asparagus on Gruyere layer. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 to 25 mixtures, cut with pizza cutter and serve.
Don’t forget to put your Violet Balsamic & Herbs de Provence Olive Oil into your shopping cart before you go : )
Leave a Reply