Tuscan Olive BreadRoberta
Forget those Phillsbury or store-bought rolls for Thanksgiving…meake a fresh batch of Tuscan Olive Bread and wow your family and friends! (And… this recipe calls for some wine, so have fun while you cook too!)
Ingredients for your “Tuscan Olive Bread”:
- 20 green olives thinly sliced (pitted)
- 20 black olives thinly sliced (pitted)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 4 eggs (or equivalent egg substitute)
- ½ cup Coronado Taste of Oils: Tuscan Herb EVOO
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup Gruyere cheese grated
- In mixing bowl, add flour, 4 eggs and half the olive oil (1/4 cup).
- Fold batter with spatula.
- Dissolve teaspoon baking powder into remaining ¼ cup olive oil and ½ cup wine.
- Slowly whisk into batter until smooth.
- Fold in cheese and olives.
- Bake at 350 degrees in loaf pan for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325 degrees and bake an additional 35 minutes until loaf is firm to touch.
- Let cool. You can stop here and serve your bread with hummus,
Enjoy friends & Happy Cooking!
Don’t forget to put your Tuscan Herb Olive Oil into your shopping cart before you go (they are on special this month!)!