Holiday Blood Orange Loaf CakeRoberta
Who doesn’t love a good cake? And what a surprise it will be when you and your loved ones take a bite of this one! MMM…
Ingredients for your “Holiday Blood Orange Olive Oil Loaf Cake”:
- 3 blood oranges
- 200g of sugar
- ½ cup of yogurt
- 3 eggs
- 160ml of Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 200g of sifted flour
- 1½ teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of bicarb soda
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- Honey-blood orange compote, for serving
- 3 oranges (supremed)
- 1 tbsp of honey
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees (fan forced).
- Grate the zest from 2 blood oranges and place in a bowl with the sugar and mix together.
- Supreme two oranges by cutting off the bottom and the top. Remove the peel and the pith then cut the orange segments out of their membranes into a bowl. Chop the segments into small pieces.
- Juice the remaining orange and add enough the yogurt to the juice so you have ⅔ of a cup all up. Pour the mixture into the bowl with the sugar and whisk.
- Whisk in the eggs and the blood orange olive oil.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, bicarb soda and salt.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ones. Add in the pieces of orange segments.
- Pour the batter into a lightly greased and floured loaf tin.
- Bake the loaf for 1 hour, until a knife inserted into centre comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack, then remove it from the tin and cool to room temperature.
- Make the honey-blood orange compote by supreming 3 more blood oranges. Mix with 1 tbsp of honey. Let sit for 5 minutes, then stir gently.
- Serve the loaf with the honey-orange compote.
Enjoy friends & Happy Cooking!
Don’t forget to put your Blood Orange Olive Oil into your shopping cart before you go!