Raspberry Balsamic White Chocolate CakeRoberta
When it comes to Valentine’s Day…you HAVE to give in to your sweet tooth…and share the love with the sweetie of yours!
Ingredients for your :”Raspberry Balsamic White Chocolate Cake”:
- 200g unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 100g caster sugar
- 35g coconut flour
- 130g gluten-free self raising flour (Dove’s)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tblsp Raspberry Balsamic
- 2 tblsp lemon
- 2 tblsp sour cream
- 2 tblsp coconut milk
White Chocolate Ganache:
- 300g good quality white chocolate (preferably Green&Blacks)
- 135ml double cream
- 225g fresh raspberries
- 80g coconut chips
- Turn the oven to 160C/325F/Gas 3. Butter a 20cm/8 inch diametre tin and set to one side.
- Start off by whisking the butter and sugar together till light and pale. Then add one egg at a time till all three are beaten in. Now add the vanilla, lemon juice, Raspberry Balsamic, sour cream and coconut milk to the butter mixture and whisk again. Once fully blended, weigh out both of the flours and sieve into the wet mixture.
- The mixture will be quite thick so do not worry. However, if it is too thick for you to scoop and spread then just add a little more coconut milk. Now transfer the mixture into the cake tin and spread evenly,
- Bake in the middle shelve for about 30-40 minutes. after 30 minutes poke a knife in to the cake to see if it is ready, if the knife comes out clean then take the cake out and leave to cool on a wired rack. Once the cake is cooled, take it out of the tin and very carefully slice in half and leave to one side.
- Now for the ganache. Chop up all of the white chocolate finely and put in to a mixing bowl. Measure out the cream and pour in to a pan, put it over a low heat and bring to the boil. Once the milk starts to boil around the edges, take it off the heat and pour over the white chocolate pieces. Keep stirring the ganache until all of the chocolate has melted in. This ganache is quite thick so don’t be alarmed. However, it should still be spreadable.
- Spread a little bit of the ganache in the middle of the cake and add a few raspberries. Put the other half of the cake on top and spread the rest of the ganache over. Make sure you leave enough to go around all of the cake. Now this is done, add the coconut chips on to the cake. You almost have to stick them on and push them down. Add the rest of the raspberries on top of the cake like I have, if you wish.
Enjoy friends & Happy Valentine’s Day!
Don’t forget to put your Raspberry Balsamic into your shopping cart before you go!