The Best Thanksgiving TurkeyRoberta
When you roast this Turkey for your friends and family, they will be thankful they came to your house for Thanksgiving!
Ingredients for your :”The Best Thanksgiving Turkey”:
- 1/4 pound (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/4c California Arbequina Olive Oil – find it here
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 fresh turkey (10 to 12 pounds)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large bunch fresh thyme
- 1 whole lemon, halved
- 1 Spanish onion, quartered
- 1 head garlic, halved crosswise
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt the butter & California Arbequina Olive Oil in a small saucepan.
- Add the zest and juice of the lemon and 1 teaspoon of thyme leaves to the butter mixture. Set aside.
- Take the giblets out of the turkey and wash the turkey inside and out. Remove any excess fat and leftover pinfeathers and pat the outside dry.
- Place the turkey in a large roasting pan.
- Liberally salt and pepper the inside of the turkey cavity.
- Stuff the cavity with the bunch of thyme, halved lemon, quartered onion, and the garlic.
- Brush the outside of the turkey with the butter & olive oil mixture and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Tie the legs together with string and tuck the wing tips under the body of the turkey.
- Roast the turkey about 2 1/2 hours, or until the juices run clear when you cut between the leg and the thigh.
- Remove the turkey to a cutting board and cover with aluminum foil; let rest for 20 minutes.
- Slice the turkey and serve.
Happy Thanksgiving! Don’t forget to put your California Arbequina Olive Oil into your shopping cart before you go!