Smoked Italian Sausage & Fig Balsamic Focaccia SandwichRoberta
Sometimes there is nothing better around the holiday season than a delicious hearty sandwich. This one packs a flavorful kick that will leave you smiling!
Ingredients for your “Smoked Italian Sausage & Fig Balsamic Focaccia Sandwich”:
- 2 cups dried figs, halved (stems removed)
- 3/4 cup Fig Balsamic
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 4 squares focaccia bread
- Asiago cheese sliced
- 1 pound smoked Italian sausage thinly sliced
- Tuscan Herb Olive Oil for brushing
- Bring figs, 1 cup water, balsamic & sugar to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Let cool. Puree in food processor until smooth.
- Preheat griddle.
- Slice focaccia in half.
- Place thin layer of fig spread on inside of both halves.
- Place slices of cheese on bottom of bread and top with sausage.
- Close sandwich, brush both sides with Tuscan Herb olive oil and griddle until golden brown. (you could also use your panini press!
Great for a Holiday lunch! Enjoy friends & Happy Holidays!
Don’t forget to put your Fig Balsamic and Tuscan Herb Olive Oil into your shopping cart before you go (they are on special this month!)!
Leave a Reply