Grilled Peaches & Balsamic PizzaRoberta
It’s the new year, and it’s time to think outside the box! Grilled peaches on pizza? Just say yes! So delicious….and healthy. Go for it!
Ingredients for your “Grilled Peaches & Balsamic Pizza”:
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1/8 cup mild extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 head garlic
- 1/2 cup medium-flavor extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of sea salt
- 3 firm peaches, halved and pitted
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 4 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- Coronado Taste of Oils Peach balsamic vinegar
- Combine honey, 1/4 cup warm water and active dry yeast in a small bowl.
- Let sit for about 10 minutes until yeast is active and begins to foam.
- In a hand or electric stand mixer with a bread hook, combine 2 cups bread flour, olive oil, sea salt, water, and yeast mixture.
- Blend on lowest setting until ball forms. If needed, add a bit more water or flour.
- Remove from mixer, and knead by hand for a few minutes.
- Form a ball, cover with a warm damp cloth, and let rise for 2 to 3 hours.
* Dough can be made in advance and refrigerates well for up to 3 days.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut off the top of one head garlic and place in foil casing. You may use a cupcake pan to protect sides of garlic from burning or create an enclosure.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sea salt.
- Roast for 35-40 minutes at 400 degrees. Let cool.
- Squeeze the garlic out of the cloves and mash the garlic with a fork to create a paste.
- Add 1/2 cup olive oil and whisk.
- Heat a grill or saute pan, add olive oil.
- Grill peaches face down on hot pan to create a charred crust. Slice.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees with pizza stone inside.
- Pizza stone must be in oven prior to turning on, otherwise it may crack.
- Roll out dough to desired thickness using additional olive oil for stretching.
- Remove stone from oven, and place flatbread on hot stone, allowing it to bubble, then flip.
On top of the pizza add: garlic mixture , peaches, crumbled goat cheese and prosciutto. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Bake in oven at 500 degrees for 8-12 minutes or until crust has reached the desired crispness.
Don’t forget to put your Peach Balsamic into your shopping cart before you go!
Leave a Reply