Roasted Pear SaladRoberta
“Happy Valentine’s Day”…this phrase is coming! Yay! If you are looking for a simple recipe with a flavor kick, this is it! Pear it (no pun intended) with your favorite white wine! Celebrate your loved one with some flavor!
Ingredients for your “Roasted Pear Salad”:
- 2 ripe but firm Anjou pears
- Juice of one lemon
- 3 ounces coarsely crumbled sharp blue cheese such as Stilton
- 1/4 cup dried Goji Berries (or dried Cranberries)
- 1/4 cup walnut halves, toasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup Coronado Taste of Oils Comice Pear Balsamic (divided uses)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/4 cup Herb de Provence Olive Oil
- 6 ounces baby arugula
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel and slice pears lengthwise. Core, drizzle with lemon juice and set in greased baking dish. (slice bottom of pear to sit level in baking dish.)
- In a small bowl, combine blue cheese, goji berries, walnuts, 1/4 cup balsamic & brown sugar.
- Fill the core of each pear slice w/ mixture.
- Bake pears, occasionally basting with liquid for 30 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Just before serving, whisk remaining ¼ cup Comice Pear Balsamic, Herbs de Provence Olive Oil, and basting liquid and toss into arugula.
- Divide arugula onto 4 plates and top with a baked pear.
- Enjoy and Happy Valentine’s Day!