Sautéed Balsamic KaleRoberta
One of our favorite side dishes is garlic collard greens with bacon and vinegar. It’s such a savory, rich flavor that pairs well with nearly any protein.
A great benefit to eating kale is that kale is a super-food. It’s also a calciferous vegetable—a food group that is widely recognized for helping to reduce the risk of cancer. It’s also rich in a wide variety of vitamins and nutrients, it’s anti-inflammatory and it contains anti-oxidant properties. All around, eating kale is a win.
We love kale—raw, juiced, sautéed, in my breakfast shake…we’ll eat it a variety of ways. This particular recipe is great for anyone that just can’t seem to appreciate the taste of kale in its raw form. Sauté it, and cook it down and let the natural flavors, and aromas lure you into loving this super-food side dish.
Also, please make sure that you get a good quality balsamic vinegar. It really makes a difference in the flavor and can take the taste to another level.
Ingredients for your “Sautéed Balsamic Kale”:
- 2-3 tbsp Butter Infused Olive
- 1 red onion chopped
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves minced
- 16 cups of kale roughly chopped (this is about 2 smaller bunches)
- Sea Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Hand Crafted Serrano Honey Balsamic plus more for garnish
- 1 cup of beef or chicken broth
- 2 Roma tomatoes or tomatoes on the vine sliced into wedges (optional)
- Heat 2 to 3 tablespoons of Butter Infused Olive Oil over medium heat. Once hot add the onion and sauté until soft, but not translucent.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the kale and sauté with the garlic and onion, coating the leaves with oil as you stir. Feel free to add more oil if you need to prevent things from sticking.
- Season the kale with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the Hand Crafted Serrano Honey Balsamic and continue to sauté, coating the leaves with the balsamic.
- Add the broth, cover and let simmer for 5 to 7 minutes until the leaves are very soft and wilted.
- Remove the pan from heat and drizzle the kale with more balsamic vinegar, tossing to cover the leaves.
- Serve with tomato wedges if you like.
Don’t forget to put your Hand Crafted Serrano Honey Balsamic and Butter Infused Olive Oil into your shopping cart before you go!
Leave a Reply