Peach Balsamic Savory Skillet ChickenRoberta
The wonderful 4th of July is a time to celebrate all things GREAT we have in our lives. Good friends, family, food, and of course our freedom! This recipe puts together all things great of the summer into ONE dish! MMMMMM…enjoy friends!
Ingredients for your “Sautéed Balsamic Kale”:
- 1 tablespoon Persian Lime Olive Oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, about 1 1/4 pounds
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Peach Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 large firm-ripe peaches, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- fresh basil leaves
- Heat the Persian Lime Olive Oil in a large skillet over a medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper, add to the skillet and cook until browned, about 2 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, & Peach Balsamic in a small bowl and set aside.
- When the chicken is browned, transfer to a plate and set aside.Add the ginger and garlic to the pan and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken broth, the soy sauce mixture, and the peaches to the pan. Turn the heat up to high and cook, uncovered, for about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally until the sauce is nicely thickened and the peaches soften.
- Add the chicken back to the pan with the sauce, turn the heat down to moderate-low, cover and cook for about 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve the chicken topped with the sauce and fresh chopped basil leaves.
Happy 4th of July! Enjoy your vacation and month with family and friends! <3
Leave a Reply