Gazpacho With Smoked Olive OilRoberta
One doesn’t usually think about soup during the Summertime…but I will tell you that is one of our most-asked recipe suggestions. There is NEVER a bad day for a good soup. You can pair it with anything, and even use it as a chilled appetizer. If you have never tasted (or know how to cook with) Olive Wood Smoked Olive Oil Olive Oil you will love this recipe!
Ingredients for your “Sautéed Balsamic Kale”:
- 1 cup tomato juice
- ½ cup crust-less bread cubes, soaked in water (Italian or French style bread)
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped in 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup green pepper chopped in 1/2 inch cubes
- ½ cup cucumber peeled, seeded and sliced in 1/4 inch pieces
- 2 pounds red ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, sliced thin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Olive Wood Smoked Olive Oil Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Apricot Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- Drain the water from the bread when the bread is soft.
- In a blender add 1 cup tomato juice, bread, onions, peppers, tomatoes, cucumber, garlic, cumin, Tabasco, salt, and pepper.
- Blend until very smooth at high speed for about a minute and a half or longer depending on your blender.
- Pour into a large bowl and whisk in the Olive Wood Smoked Olive Oil and Apricot Vinegar.
- Add water and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Chill at least 1 hour before serving.
- Serve in a clear bowl or glass with your choice of garnishes. (avocados, scallions)
Happy end of the Summer! Enjoy your meal! <3