Baked Peaches, Pears OR Applescoronadao admin
Summer peaches and other fruits usually don’t need much enhancement! But, after we received an email from a very excited a passionate Coronado Taste of Oils customer, we couldn’t wait to share her creation! Thank you so much Donna S. for this super tasty recipe! A super healthy option for a sweet tooth that is low-sugar, and low-carb!
● 3-4 med fruit(s) of choice- apple/pear/peach – halved with pit/core removed – this is easily done by cutting fruit in half and removing the center with a melon baller. No need to remove skins.
● 1/4 – 1/3 cup Truvia Brown Sugar – packed (I use this as a lower sugar baking option. Regular Brown is fine. may need a tad bit more)
● 1 to 1-1/2 tsp. cinnamon – adjusted to taste
● pinch ground nutmeg (optional)
● 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
● 1 tsp. Taste of Oils Vanilla Balsamic
● 1/2 cup quick oats
● 3-4 Tbsp. butter – cold and cubed
● Preheat oven to 350 degrees
● Spray baking pan with Pam spray
● Place halved fruit cut side up in pan. Arrange so that fruits are somewhat propped against each other so they remain upright
● Combine sugar, spices, vanilla extract, Vanilla Balsamic, and oats in a small bowl
● Spoon mixture evenly into the well of each fruit
● Place a 1/2 tbsp. cube of cold butter on top of each fruit
● Place in oven and bake until desire firmness. Feel free to cover with foil for about half the cook time if desired.
● Cool for about 15 mins and serve with a dollop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream topping.
Additional Tips Or Ideas:
● If you like an additional crunch, feel free to add your favorite nut into the dry mixture. The peaches are awesome with chopped pecans mixed into a little maple syrup and added on at the end when serving!!!
● You can add raisins to the apple version!!
● You can use an apple pie spice mixture instead of just cinnamon if you like, it will taste just like apple pie without the crust! (Great option for low carb recipe) Then, top the finished product off with a caramel drizzle!!
● Drizzle with a little honey for a little extra sweetness if desired
Leave a Reply